Yesterday at Service Design Conference 2011 in San Francisco the closing keynote speaker Richard Buchanan was fantastic. It was interesting to hear his view that Management is a design practice and that Service design is an emergent practice, not a novelty.
Some other points include:
– Advocating design playing a key role in implementing strategy in organisations.
– Teaching managers design skills so they can synthesize
– Useful, Usable and Desirable fits in the core of management itself…
If you dont have a quality of character…. a sensitivity and care for your customer, then you have a crippled business model
– The arousal and fulfilment of expectation
– Profitability is important in a company, but not the purpose of a company, the purpose is to provide goods and services
This was the best speaker of the two days, hope you all enjoy.